To coincide with the International Celebration of Women inMathematics, the London Mathematical Society, and the Mathematics ofPlanet Earth Centre for Doctoral Training, and University of Reading present aday with invited guest speakers:
· Renee Hoekzema (PostdoctoralResearcher, Mathematical Institute, University of Oxford)
· Hua Lu (ResearchScientist, Atmosphere Ice and Climate, the British Antarctic Survey, Cambridge)
· Celine Maistret (Royal SocietyDorothy Hodgkin Fellow, School of Mathematics, University of Bristol)
· Almut Veraart (Professor of Statistics, Imperial College London)
· plus posters and talks from Early Career Mathematicians.
The hosts of the meeting are Jennifer Scott (Professor of Mathematics at University ofReading and Director at Reading, the Mathematics of Planet Earth Centre forDoctoral Training); and Rachel Newton (Reader in Number Theory and Future LeadersFellow, King’s College London).
This celebration of Women in Mathematics event is sponsored by the London Mathematical Society and the EPSRC Mathematics of Planet Earth Centre for Doctoral Training.
This is a hybrid event (in person and online) with all contributed talksand posters in person.
Although celebrating Women in Mathematics, EVERYONE IS WELCOMETO ATTEND (including undergraduate students) and the talks will beaimed at those with an interest in mathematics.
Call for Abstracts from Early Career Mathematicians who wouldlike to give a talk or poster is now open and will close on midnight 24April. To apply, complete the relevant section during registration and includean abstract of approximately one paragraph. Small travel bursaries willbe available to those in need of support. To apply, complete the relevantsection in registration.
More information about the event can be found hereand here.Or by emailing email@example.com.
There is no registration fee, and refreshments and lunch will beprovided free of charge.
Registration is now open and will close at 23.30 on 03 May2022. Register here.