Venue: Imperial College London, ICSM Building, EPSRC Centres for Doctoral Training hub, Room 402, Level 4 North
Date: Tuesday 8th May 2018 – Thursday 10th May 2018
Summary: The workshop aims to cover aspects of particle methods and data assimilation. This includes theory, methodology and applications. The aim to bridge gaps in understanding of the properties of popular methods and to address the fundamental challenge of designing effective particle methods for high dimensional data assimilation problems.
Organising/Scientific Committee: Colin Cotter, Dan Crisan, Nikolas Kantas and Darryl Holm
Registration: please register here.
Schedule: the event’s programme can be downloaded here. The talks tittles/abstracts are available here .
Click on the links below for the pdf slides.
- Kody Law (University of Manchester)
- Sebastian Reich(Universität Potsdam and University of Reading)
- Joackin Miguez (Universidad Carlos III de Madrid)
- Freddy Bouchet (ENS de Lyon)
- Andrew Stuart (Caltech)
- Peter Jan van Leeuwen (University of Reading)
- Wei Pan(Imperial College London)
- Mike Pitt (Kings College)
- Mathias Rousset (INRIA Rennes)
- Nancy Nichols (University of Reading)
- Adam Johansen (University of Warwick)
The workshop is partially funded by the EPSRC grant EP/N023781/1 entitled ”Variational principles for stochastic parameterizations in geophysical fluid dynamics” (PI Darryl Holm) and an ICL Dept. of Mathematics Platform grant (PI Nikolas Kantas).